Online conference “Protection of Attorneys’ Rights: Russian Specificity”
On 19 December 2020, the online media project Voice of Attorney is organizing an international online conference on problems faced by Russian attorneys at law who have been persecuted for their professional activities in 2019 and 2020. The event is being supported by Lawyers for Lawyers, the Committee for the Bar Protection, and the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ).
During the conference the case stories of various prosecuted attornies including Dagir Khasavov, Natalia Faradzheva, Pavel Ivlev, and Irina Danilova will be shared.
- Aleksey Avanesyan: Attorney at Law, Krasnodar Territory Bar Chamber; lead of the “Pravo-45” pro bono project. Defending attorney for Natalya Faradzheva
- Sergei Kupreichenko: Attorney at Law, Moscow Bar Chamber. Defending attorney for Pavel Ivlev;
- Anna Perelygina: Attorney at Law, Bar Chamber of Leningrad region. Defending attorney for Irina Danilova;
- Nikolay Polyansky: Attorney at Law, Bar Chamber of Leningrad region Defending attorney for Irina Danilova;
- Aleksandr Popkov: Attorney at Law, Bar Chamber of Krasnodar region. Agora expert.
- Konstantin Rivkin: Council Member, Moscow Bar Chamber; Co-Chair Prague Club of Russian lawyers;
- Gayana Tevanyan: Attorney at Law, Moscow Region Bar Chamber; member of the Moscow Bar Association “Zaschita pravom” (“Defense by the Law”). Defending Attorney for Dagir Khasavov;
- Andrey Fedorkov: Attorney at Law, Member of the Commission on Human Rights of the Council of the Bar Chamber of St. Petersburg;
- Temur Shakirov: Senior Legal Adviser, Europe and Central Asia Programme, International Commission of Jurists (ICJ).
Date and time: 19 December 2020, 13:00 – 16:30 (MSK)
For registration and the detailed programme, please visit: https://golosadvokata.ru/events/rusprotection/en
The event will be held at Zoom. The link and the technical details will be shared with the confirmed participants. Simultaneous translation will be available between Russian and English.
Open Tribune: We invite you to take part not only as a listener but possibly as an expert, too. Our Open Tribune is a chance for a participant to voice their own position, to speak on an acute situation with abuse of an attorney’s’ rights, and to discuss it with the event speakers. To take part in this section, please fill the registration form, mentioning that you would like to take part in the Open Tribune and on what subject.
Uitnodiging: seminar en uitreiking Lawyers for Lawyers Award
Lawyers for Lawyers en de Amsterdamse Orde van Advocaten nodigen u uit om deel te nemen aan het seminar ‘Resilience of Lawyers in Different European Contexts’ en de uitreiking van de Lawyers for Lawyers Award 2021 in theater de RodeLees verder
Save The Date: 18 november – seminar and uitreiking L4L Award 2021
Lawyers for Lawyers en de Amsterdamse Orde van Advocaten nodigen u uit om deel te nemen aan het seminar ‘Resilience of Lawyers in Different European Contexts’ in theater de Rode Hoed in Amsterdam op donderdag 18 november 2021 van 15:00Lees verder
Online evenement: de veiligheid en onafhankelijkheid van advocaten en rechters in Turkije
De International Commission of Jurists, de Amsterdamse Orde van Advocaten, Lawyers for Lawyers en Rechters voor Rechters organiseren op 5 oktober van 16.00-17.30 uur een online evenement over de situatie van advocaten en rechters in Turkije. Onze kernwaarde “onafhankelijkheid’ isLees verder
Recap online conference ‘Attacks on Human Rights Lawyers in Zimbabwe’
On 21 September 2021, Lawyers for Lawyers (L4L), Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights (ZLHR) and the International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI) organized an online seminar on the situation of human rights lawyers in Zimbabwe. The event coincided withLees verder